ABOUT CORE MEMBERSHIP
Superhero Clubhouse (SHC) Core Members is a group of 10-20 trusted, multi-hyphenate individuals who are in regular dialogue around– and in regular engagement with– SHC’s mission, ideas, and programming. Core Members are our closest community; we support each other, learn and create with each other, and have fun together. Core Members are keystone species in the SHC ecosystem.
Core Members are invited to make a two-year commitment, with the option to renew beyond that. Within those two years, Core Members are asked to engage with Superhero Clubhouse once a month, choosing from a menu of options that have been built to offer flexibility and variety. Engagement options include activities like hosting a field trip, participating in an environmental racism learning group, or solo response to a creative prompt.
How do folks become Core Members?
Trust is essential to building community; therefore Core Members are individuals with existing relationships to SHC. Every two years, new candidates are proposed by SHC co-directors, existing Core Members, and our board, based on the following criteria:
- Believes in our mission and is interested to engage with the whole SHC experience, in community with others.
- Multi-hyphenate; possesses a variety of interests, skills, professional backgrounds, knowledge, etc. And/or is interested in learning and practicing how their own focus intersects with climate/environmental justice and theater.
- Has the capacity to commit to a monthly engagement for two years (with a degree of flexibility).
- Identifies as part of a group that has been historically underrepresented/ given less power and platform in environmental movements and theater spaces.*
- Attend a performance or event.
- Volunteer to help with a production or event (email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Volunteer in our Big Green Theater classroom, working with our fifth-grade playwrights.
- Attend an Open Core Member Activity (see below).
- Participate in a workshop (when available).
- If you're a student or work at an institution, see if your school or organization might hire us to host a workshop.
- Apply to our Fellowship (when available).
- If you're a student and can receive school credit, apply to Intern with us.